Effective Date: Oct 25, 2013
If you provide us with your personal data, we make the following commitments to you:
- we will not spam you; and
TRUSTe Privacy Seal
U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor
We comply with the U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Data We Collect as Part of Providing the Lemon Service
If you use the Lemon service through our mobile apps or the dashboard on our website to submit your information, including card and receipts, we will scan and digitize this data, store the image, and provide you with access to the image and digitized data. You can see images of your stored data, review the digitized data and search this data. To use the Lemon service, you need to register with us by creating an account using a valid email address and setting a PIN and/or password.
As part of our service, we may collect the following information from you:
- your name and email address;
- the payment card information you use to purchase a paid premium subscription (such as Lemon Plus or Lemon Expense);
- the data displayed in the image you submit, which could include your name, your card data, such as identification, insurance, loyalty, and payment card data (including number and expiration date), information from a receipt such as merchant name, address or phone number, date and time of a purchase, the amount and method of payment, and the items purchased;
- if you authorize us to access your address book on your smartphone, the contact information for those in that address book;
- if you Facebook Connect, data from About You and your birthday; and
- any description notes or tags that you add to your cards or receipts.
We collect this information because it is required in order for us to provide you with our services. If you do not want this data collected, you can stop using the Lemon service and our mobile apps at any time and delete your account. In addition, if you request information from us as part of the Lemon service (for example, through requests for support) we may collect data such as your name, e-mail address and phone number.
You are able to download our mobile app using an authorized account in the applicable app store (for example, Google Play for Android, the Apple App Store for iOS, and the Windows Marketplace for Windows). When you use our mobile apps to receive the Lemon service, we will collect from your mobile device a unique ID. Where your device is an iPhone, we collect the Apple-recommended CFUUID (the Core Foundation Universally Unique Identifier). When you use certain features of our apps on a mobile phone, we may collect information about your location. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services and information. Mobile devices typically allow you to turn off location services, however, if you do so, you will be unable to use these features.
Other Data We Collect Through Our Website, Emails and Mobile Apps
In addition to the information described in the section above, may also collect the following data:
- Analytics.When you visit our website, we use third party analysis tools to collect data about your computer and Internet connection. That information includes the IP address of your computer and/or Internet service provider, when you access our website, the Internet address of websites from which you link to our website and from which you came before landing on our website, the browser that you are using, and your movements and preferences on our website. All of this information is used internally for the purpose of understanding how our website is being used and improving our website. We also use third party analysis tools to collect data about your use of our mobile apps. The information collected identifies the types and timing of actions you take within our mobile apps, including installation, registration, uploading, and certain types of navigating . All of this information is used internally for the purpose of understanding how our mobile apps are being used and improving them.
- Action Tags. When you visit our website, we use action tags (also called pixel tags, clear GIF, or beacons) to identify some of the pages that you visit and how you use the content on those pages. Action tags are also placed in advertisements that are served on our behalf by third parties on our website or the websites of other parties. Action tags may collect and transmit this data in a manner that identifies you personally if you have registered with our website, or are logged into our website. We also use action tags in our emails, to determine whether an email was opened or whether it was forwarded to someone else. When you use our mobile apps, we use action tags where you are accessing websites from links in our mobile apps. These may identify the pages that you visit and how you use the content on those pages.
- Site Management. We aggregate data that we collect about the use of our website for administering, protecting and improving our website and our systems, to better understand the preferences of our website visitors and optimize the content that we serve, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about our website usage, to improve our marketing and research.
How We Use Your Data
We use your data to provide you our services. We may share your information with third parties, but it will only be in the following cases:
- you’ve given us permission, for example, by authorizing us to share your stored payment credentials to complete transactions with third-party developers and merchants who have developed apps that utilize Lemon’s check-out services, or by receiving offers from third parties based on your profile as part of the service;
- we’ve aggregated it and removed any information that may identify you; or
- when legal rights are affected.
How We Use Your Data with Third Party Apps
As described above, you can authorize Lemon to share your stored payment credentials to complete transactions with third-party developers and merchants who have developed apps that utilize Lemon’s check-out services, , in which case we may share your data with such third parties. Please note that if you do not want this data shared with these apps at the time of a transaction, you would simply not consent to sharing the information. These third parties may request additional information directly from you. If you provide any data directly to these third parties, please note that we are not responsible for the security of any data you provide directly to these third parties, which would be governed by those parties’ policies.
How We Use Your Data with Third Party Partners
As part of providing you with our service, we have written agreements with third parties pursuant to which we are able to offer you additional functionality as part of the Lemon service. Because the additional services provided by these parties form part of the Lemon service, you may not opt-out of receiving them. If you do not wish to receive these additional services, you would need to stop using the Lemon service and our mobile apps and delete your account. In this section, we describe those parties and how your data is used in providing the Lemon service. Our written agreement with these parties require that they protect the confidentiality and security of your data, and to use your data only on our behalf and only in the way we permit in the written agreement.
- Womply: The Lemon service incorporates the services of Womply, which allows you to receive rewards from participating Womply merchants. These rewards are automatically applied to your credit or debit card. When you add a credit or debit card to your Lemon account, Womply will automatically check to see if you’ve transacted at a Womply merchant. If you have transacted at a Womply merchant and you earn a reward, Womply will notify Lemon, and we will let you know when you have earned a reward.
This section will be updated from time to time to reflect the parties with whom we have these relationships. Please note that we may make changes, replace or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) these services at any time for any reason with or without notice.
How We Protect Your Data
The security of your data is a top priority for us. We use reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that we obtain from you from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These are a few of the ways we are safeguarding your information:
- SSL and Password Encryption. You log in to the dashboard on our website using SSL (secure sockets layer), the standard in Internet security for authentication and encryption. This encrypts data transmitted between your device and our servers, including passwords.
- PIN-Entry Required for Payment Card Data. We grant you access to the payment card data you store using our mobile apps only upon your entry of the PIN number that you select. That PIN number is not know to us or stored anywhere in our system. We use your PIN as part of our data encryption process. Be sure to select your PIN carefully–because we don’t store your PIN, if you lose or forget it, you will not be able to retrieve your PIN (although we do offer a process for you to reset your PIN).
- Discrete, Authenticated Sessions. Once you have logged in to your Lemon account (on your mobile phone or in the dashboard on our website), you can end that session by logging out. After you have ended your session, your data cannot be accessed on your mobile phone or the dashboard on our website without your re-entering your password (and PIN, if applicable).
- Restricted Access. We protect centralized databases and storage systems by preventing access from the public internet.
Please note that we are not responsible for the security of any data you are transmitting over the internet, or any data you are storing, posting or providing directly to a third party’s website, which is governed by that party’s policies. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. If you have further questions about security, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How You Can Update or Delete Your Data
You can update or delete data and images stored in Lemon by using the edit feature in our mobile app or the dashboard on our website. If you wish to close your Lemon account altogether, you can do so in the dashboard on our website. If there is other information that you have provided to us other than through our mobile app that you wish to change or delete, please let us know by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may retain your personal information in our databases for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, in accordance with our applicable data retention policies and applicable laws. Our retention and use of your information will be as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. The retention period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. For example, we may need or be required to retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity, protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain, or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it. Your personal information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by us. In all cases, we reserve the right to use data obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
Sharing Your Data When Legal Rights are Affected
We may be required to share your information where legal rights are affected. These are a few examples:
- We will share your data if this is required by law or to respond to requests from law enforcement officials and regulatory agencies and in connection with certain court proceedings.
- We may share your data where this is in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, for example, in connection with court proceedings, or to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or to establish our rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may sell your data in connection with selling, merging, transferring or reorganizing all or parts of our business. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
If you opted-in to receive information about our product, updates and offers, we will use your name and email address to send this information to you. If you no longer wish to receive these newsletters, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the emails you receive or in the dashboard on our website. Please note that we may send you service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so, even if you have unsubscribed from our marketing communications. For instance, if our service is going to be temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email to update you. Because you may not opt-out of these communications, if you do not wish to receive them, you would need to stop using our services and mobile apps and delete your account.
Personal Information of Third Parties
If you choose to purchase a paid premium subscription and if you want to share data with family members or co-workers, you can provide us with their email address. We will then send them an email inviting them to create a Lemon account. Lemon stores this information for the purpose of sending this invitation email. If your family member or co-worker does not wish to have this information stored, they can contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Public Parts of Our Website
There are parts of our website, such as the comments sections in our blog, that are public. If you disclose personal data in any public forum on our website, that data becomes public and can be accessed and used by people other than us. We aren’t responsible for their use of your personal data. If you are worried about this, don’t post personal data in public places on our website. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know if we are unable to remove your personal information and the reason why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
Third Party Service Providers
We use third party service providers as part of delivering our service. These third parties provide us with certain advertising, referral, operations and technology services (such as hosting providers, support, image capture, payment and email service providers). We require each service providers to enter into a written agreement with us by which they agree, among other things, to protect the confidentiality and security of your data, and to use your data only on our behalf and only in the way we permit in the written agreement. Please note that we also give you the option to export information in your Lemon account to third party service providers and to import information from other providers into your Lemon account. Please note that we are not responsible for the security of any data you are transmitting to or storing with any third party, which is governed by that party’s policies.
Social Media Features
As part of our service, you can use Facebook Connect to authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address, which is associated with your Lemon account. You can also authenticate your identity using Facebook Connect to post comments on our blog. Facebook Connect also lets you post information about your activities on our website and in our mobile apps to your Facebook profile page to share with others within your network.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our website, services or mobile apps, or submit any personal data using these. If you believe that your or any other child has provided us with personal data, please contact us immediately. See “Contact Us” below.
California Privacy Rights
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing, other than as permitted by law. As required under California law, if we decide to provide a third party with your personal information for direct marketing purposes and you are a California resident, we will provide you with a method to opt-out of having your personal information shared like that. If you have questions about our information sharing practices, you can contact us. See “Contact Us” below.
Changes to this Policy
Others Applicable Terms and Conditions